March 25, 2005

Bud Talkinghorn: Abortion as birth control & NJC's Point of View -- My Case in Photos

Abortion as birth control

There will always be a few women who can't take the pill, or forget to do so. However, in this age of advanced protection, I cannot fathom the high numbers of abortions performed. In Soviet Russia, women had an average of seven abortions. Birth control information and effective birth control products were scarce. Having mutiple abortions in the West is sheer neglect of available preventions.

Just how divorced from religion we are is seen in the absence of any talk about killing a soul. The feminist movement (in all its guises) has declared that abortions are practically a Charter Right. The fact that the cheerleader for on-demand abortion is Dr. Henry Morgentaler, a former concentration camp survivor, is rarely analyzed for its inherent contradictions . This amazes me. I'm sure that his camp's commandant was equally indifferent to the Jewish lives he "aborted".

© Bud Talkinghorn--I don't want to come across as sanctimonious here. I believe that once a foetus resembles a tiny human, it is a person. But would I still have it aborted if it were going to ruin my woman's life--and mine? Murder with extenuating circumstances, or murder in self-defense of a lifestyle, should be the charge.




My Very Personal Commentary on Bud's Post

First, I do not believe that a pregnant young woman who does not want her baby will be influenced much by what I have to say. Nevertheless, I wish any young woman, pregnant or not, would understand how much wonder and love a new baby can bring with it, even to those for whom it is inconvenient. At least, give consideration to the alternatives to abortion.

Bud, I have two arguments against abortion -- both personal -- but we all look at the world from our personal perspectives. I am so excited because another baby is about to be born into my family -- to a loving young couple, who married and wanted children. What more could a child ask? We should all be so fortunate. Now, to abortion --

1. A child was born to an older mother in my family -- older in that, undoubtedly, she had thought she would have no more children. Yet, I suspect it never crossed her mind to kill a baby / foetus/ her child for her own convenience -- so he was born. He turned out to be my special toy baby and after that, I no longer would bother with dolls. Why would I -- when I had a real live baby to put in my (extra-large and built by Dad) doll carriage? I could parade about the neighbourhood with a real baby not some fake doll baby? I was so proud when someone saw the doll carriage and asked if that were a doll or a baby. I was delighted with him and I still am. He has become a decent adult and an excellent father. He married well and they have produced their own fine children. No woman knows how much joy a late baby may bring to her, to her husband and especially to the other children and the rest of the extended family -- and it lasts for years and grows as more babies join the family.

2. This is the clinching argument against abortion for me, a blessing for a family who love her -- and best of all, she is my Godchild.


Image hosted by TinyPic.com



My Godchild



Image hosted by TinyPic.com



Yogurt Gal



Image hosted by TinyPic.com



The Heart of My Mother's Garden




These may not help a pregnant young woman who does not really want a baby -- but they are my best argument.

To any young woman in this situation, may you stop and think. Then talk with people who care about you. Babies melt our hearts. Thanks to the woman who bore my unexpected brother. Thanks to this baby's mother for giving us another little one soon. NJC

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make it very difficult to argue with you. Good stuff...!!

Fri Mar 25, 06:40:00 PM 2005  
Blogger News Junkie Canada said...

I don't remember seeing this comment before, not until Dec. 30, 05. You have no idea how true what I wrote then is. I have seen this week two children related to that baby brother. What a wonder to see. They bring their love with them, as an auntie used to say. Thank you for commenting.
NJC

Fri Dec 30, 11:03:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home